Avocado has many health benefits. Every part of the fruit is very useful to the human body. From the peel to the seed inside.
In this article, you will get to read on 3 different ways of using the avocado fruit.
Avocado as a hair mask: Avocados are extremely moisturizing and nourishing because they contain natural oils. While these oils can be beneficial to all hair types, they’re especially helpful for dry, dehydrated hair. The fruit is also rich in vitamins that can nourish the scalp and help hair look healthy, shiny, and hydrated.
Here are 2 different ways of making an avocado hair mask at home.
- Avocado and coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 2–3 tbsp. coconut oil
- For smooth, shiny hair, use a fork to mash one full avocado in a bowl.
- Start with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix together.
- Coconut oil has been shown to absorb easily into hair and protect the strands from outside damage.
- You can add more coconut oil if you prefer more of a liquid mask.
- Apply to start from the tips of the hair and work your way up to the scalp.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Avocado, egg, and olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Blend the ingredients together with a fork or spoon.
- Whisking will work in a pinch.
- You can adjust the proportions of this mask depending on the length and thickness of your hair.
- In addition to the moisturizing benefits of avocado and olive oil, the egg is rich in protein. Which helps strengthen the hair and protects against split ends and heat damage.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Avocado Seed: Avocado is a good fruit, which is why it is important to be eaten often. However, 70% of the amino acids that this fruit contains is found in its seed. Avocados contain more soluble fibre than any other food.
Health benefit of avocado seeds: To mention a few
- They’re antioxidant and prevent cell ageing.
- They prevent cardiovascular diseases thanks to their amino acid contents. This helps treat high cholesterol and triglycerides levels and prevent heart disease.
- Slimming and f*t burning: Avocado seeds contain more f*t burners than the fruit’s pulp. They also contain soluble fibre, which helps the intestinal tract and makes you feel satisfied.
- Avocado seeds have aphrodisiac properties for increasing libido.
- They help treat asthma naturally.
How to use the seed
Avocado seeds have a bitter taste because of their medicinal properties. In order to consume them, remove the fine layer of brown skin, and grate them. You can also toast them on a pan until golden brown.
With avocado seeds, you can also:
- Make an infusion. Boil them for 10 minutes and let stand for another 5. Drink throughout the day.
- Use them as a garnish in salads, soups, stews, rice, pasta, etc.
- If you toast them enough, you can grind them with the help of a coffee bean grinder until you get a fine powder.
Note: Eating too many avocado seeds can cause constipation due to their tannin contents.
Avocado Oil: Avocado oil is produced from the fruit of the avocado tree. Oil from an avocado is pressed from the fleshy pulp surrounding the avocado pit. Making it one of the few edible oils not derived from seed. Also, avocado oil nutrition includes a high level of monounsaturated f*t, which makes it a heart-nourishing replacement.
Health benefits of avocado oil:
- Improves arthritis symptoms
- Helps skin problems
- Reduces blood pressure
- Boosts heart and lowers cholesterol
- Boosts nutrient absorption
How to make avocado oil
- 2 kg of avocado – the fruit may be slightly rotten
- 1 litre of coconut cream – optional
- 250 g of coconut oil – optional
- 2 tbsp of any other oil for flavour – optional
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and thoroughly mix with a blender until the mixture gets really smooth.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat stirring every five minutes. When it starts to boil, avocado oil will surface near the bubbles. The water will be expelled from the mixture because of the heat.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the colour of the mixture gets dark and the water evaporates.
- Put a cloth on the top of the bowl and overturn it so that you have a kind of sack with avocado oil mixture in it.
- Squeeze it hard until all the avocado oil contained in the mixture flows out drop by drop into the bowl.
- Pour the oil into a clean dry bottle.