Karolina Bielawska from Poland has been crowned Miss World at the 70th edition of the pageant at San Juan, Puerto Rico in the early hours of 17 March, South African time.
Poland’s Karolina Bielawska was crowned the 70th Miss World on Wednesday. During the televised final, the candidates and organizers expressed their solidarity with the Ukrainians by placing a candle on the stage.
KAROLINA BIELAWSKA IS CROWNED MISS WORLD
Miss World 2019 Toni-Ann Singh of Jamaica crowned her Karolina Bielawska Miss World at the finale of pageant.
The pageant was then set to take place in December 2021 but it was delayed because of COVID-19 health concerns and the contestants were sent back home to return in March.
“After meeting with the virologists and medical experts hired to oversee the Miss World 2021 event and discussing with the Puerto Rico Health Department, the decision has been made by the organisers of the event to postpone the globally broadcast finale at the Puerto RicoColiseum Jose Miguel Agrelot to be held within the next 90 days,” read the statement.
— Miss World (@MissWorldLtd) March 17, 2022
Shree Saini from the US was crowned the first runner-up and Olivia Yace from Cote d’Ivoire the second runner-up. Take a look…
“Our newly crowned Miss World Karolina Bielawska from Poland with 1st Runner Up Shree Saini from United States 2nd Runner up Olivia Yace from Côte d’Ivoire,” read the tweet.
THE OTHER WINNERS OF THE NIGHT
Miss South Africa 2020 Shudufhadzo Musida’s Miss World journey ended at the top 40 but she was still the winner. In addition to the crowning, other special awards were also presented during the ceremony, as per The Indian Express,
- Top Model – Olivia Yacé from Côte d’Ivoire
- Sports Challenge – Karolina Vidales from Mexico
- Talent Competition – Burte-Ujin Anu from Mongolia
- Multimedia Competition – Olivia Yacé of Cote D’Ivoire
- Beauty With A Purpose –
- Manasa Varanasi from India
- Shree Saini from the USA
- Rehema Muthamia from England
- Sharon Obara from Kenya
- Tracy Perez from the Philippines
- Shudufhadzo Musida from South Africa
- Head to Head Challenge –
- Palesa Molefe of Botswana
- Audrey Monkam of Cameroon
- Olivia Yacé of Cote d’Ivoire
- Namrata Shrestha of Nepal
- Sheynnis Palacios of Nicaragua
- Bethania Borba of Paraguay
- Tracy Perez of Philippines
- Alejandra Conde of Venezuela
MISS WORLD TOP SIX
1. United States – Beauty With A Purpose Winner
5. Northern Ireland
6. Cote D’Ivoire