Some gunmen, believed to be armed robbers, on Wednesday shot their female victim for allegedly resisting attempted molestation at Agip Flyover, Rumueme, in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, near Rivers State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology.

According to Punch, the victim was found in a pool of blood and taken to a medical center where she was resuscitated.

Speaking with our correspondent in Port Harcourt on Thursday, the President of the Rivers State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology Students’ Union, Igwe ThankGod, said security operatives of the college, who were attracted by the gunshot, found the victim and rendered first aid to her before the police arrived.

ATTENTION:  ‘Human rights is key’ – Actor Yomi Fabiyi reacts to Baba Ijesha’s bail release

ThankGod added that the attackers escaped after the crime.

He said, “Around 9:00 pm, we heard a gunshot at the overpass at Agip traffic circle, near my school and when we went out to investigate what happened, we found out that a girl was shot in the hand after she was robbed of her money, phone and all her valuables. The hoodlums were trying to r**e her when our school security came out and rescued her.”

ThankGod called on the police and the Rivers State Government to beef up security around the flyover to prevent a repeat of the incident.

ATTENTION:  'You Are Occultic': Former COZA Choir Coordinator Calls Out Pastor Fatoyinbo

“We contacted the police at Sani Abacha Road divisional headquarters and a team came and took the girl to a clinic. But before the police came, we had already taken her to the college clinic, but the health officials required a police report before they started treating the girl, so first aid was given before the police patrol came.

“They said they would take her to either the police hospital or the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital so they could treat the girl in their presence,” he added.

ATTENTION:  “I can do without s3x for 2 years” – Mr Ibu reveals

A spokesman for the Rivers State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, who confirmed the incident, said he was yet to learn the details.